3 - 7 YearsVaranasi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Malaysia
We are looking for candidates of BE Civil Engineering background having between 3-7 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor in management of major projects especially in EPC sector- preferred from water industry background.
This role will involve extensive travel across our Indian sites with probably 5-6 days at each site and moving on to the next. We are keen to bring in candidates with positive attitude and determined to set tasks and accomplish the same.
Knowledge in construction methods and materials
- Good analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Understands regulations & guidelines
- Good communication skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to study and understand the drawings of all disciplines and taking details of quantities to do a comparative analysis and identification of discrepancies between the project drawings, BOQ, technical specifications and costing.
- Proposing amended requirements in order for new items, or increase in any order quantity by doing monthly reconciliation of all items and arriving on shortfall/surplus quantity
- Performing a rate analysis and provide recommendations of items that are to be done away from the purchase orders
- Performs a market study and creating a database on the materials list & ensure close monitoring in the price of raw materials and labor wages
- Checking of contractor bills/measurement as per approved methodology, certification and forwarding for further process to HO
- Reviewing the prices submitted by vendors and ensuring control on free issue material quantity, indenting the same timely in coordination with site team
- Preliminary verification of the documentation of all QS related works done by the vendors, reviewing the quantities by comparing with the GFC drawings and record any discrepancy
- Co-ordinate and ensure evaluation of materials specifications and technical submittals, quantities and the procurement schedule are in compliance with contract requirement.
Contact Company:Va Tech Wabag Ltd